Entrepreneurial senior full-stack developer with over seventeen years experience in all aspects of the product delivery cycle. Superior expertise with software development methodologies, providing exceptional product design and effective engineering leadership in startup and established product environments.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Strategic thinking and product design.
- Extensive experience with backend technologies including Ruby & Node.js, with a special preference for Ruby on Rails.
- Mastery of Git source control.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, especially focused on Shape Up.
- Understanding of CS fundamentals, including OOP, REST, MVC, and test-driven development.
- Strong graphic design capability.
- Experience with data stores including SQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
Co-Founder and Director of Product at MemberDrive, LLC, 2021—Present
MemberDrive is an innovative crowdfunding platform that helps organizations turn donors into engaged members.
- Created technical foundation and built the first version of the application.
- Developed and managed infrastructure and deployment.
- Designed systems for marketing and sales.
Senior Full Stack Engineer at Swan Bitcoin, 2022
As senior engineer, I participated in a variety of projects within various areas of the company to develop systems and workflows for Swan’s flagship product.
- Organized working groups to expand product offerings for Swan’s clients.
- Fortified security by implementing an account-based permission policy.
- Participated in an application-wide domain model overhaul to allow a user to login to multiple accounts.
Lead Developer at Dime Technology, 2019-2022
Worked directly with the Chief Executive Officer to design and engineer the startup’s flagship product. Dime Giving is an integrated online donation and financial accounting product for nonprofit organizations. In addition to processing online donations through several different payment APIs, Dime Giving is also a full-featured nonprofit accounting and reporting platform powered by a double-entry account ledger system.
- Developed application using Ruby on Rails, StimulusJS, Slim, and Tailwind SCSS.
- Built an extensive automated test suite to ensure quality control.
- Hired and organized development team.
- Designed project management methodology tailored to the unique needs of the company. Selected, deployed, and managed technology and infrastructure stack.
- Coordinated with CEO to develop and implement product strategy.
- Managed projects, including development cycle planning, resource allocation, code review, and performance evaluation.
Founder and Project Manager at Booster Stage, Inc., 2004—Present
Launched and grew a web development agency, providing outstanding value to clients in need of rapidly-deployed custom web-based software solutions. Developed multiple greenfield MVP web-based applications for startup clients.
- Engineered web applications using Ruby on Rails, StimulusJS, and TailwindCSS.
- Met regularly with clients and stakeholders to discover and document application requirements, categorize and prioritize features, and to develop and execute implementation strategies.
- Built book of business and developed marketing and sales funnels.
- Recruited and managed distributed team of engineers working on several projects concurrently.
Founded DonorTools.com, bringing modern web-based donor management software to thousands of nonprofit organizations. I built, marketed, and supported the product until it was acquired by my partners.
- Built the product using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed organic marketing and sales funnels.
- Provided direct customer support.
Web Development Team Lead at Biola University; 2004–2005
Lead the Web Development Team, integrating communication channels among university departments to improve efficiencies and shorten turnaround time for website content updates.
- Maintained existing internal web-based applications.
- Developed content management systems tailored for the needs of the individual colleges within the university.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership at Biola University, 2007
- Bachelor of General Studies, Computer Information Management at Jacksonville University, 2003
- Associate of Arts at St. Johns River Community College, 2000
- Volunteer, Haiti180 orphanage and medical clinic, 2019 & 2021
- Vice President, Elgin Citizens’ Police Academy Alumni Association, 2017—2019
- Website Designer, Annunciation Maternity Home, 2016
- Foster Parent, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, 2006—2008; 2011—2012
- Manager, Jacksonville Cold Fusion User Group, 2000—2001
- Network Administrator, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Computer Instructor, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Volunteer, Centro Abierto de Los Piños, Santiago, Chile, 1997